Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Introduction

My name is Stephen and I decided to pick up programming one day.

I started with some simple Youtube videos of Java tutorials, then I moved on to some tutorials at a site called 3dbuzz.com for C#. From there I have viewed various tutorials on C# and XNA, and have programmed a few various things. As of writing this I have been staring at/jumbling together pieces of code for maybe two months. It's just a hobby, so I don't devote a whole lot of time to it.

A co-worker of mine named John is also into programming and has about the same level of knowledge on game development as I do, so one day we decided we were going to make a Hangman game.

It was surprisingly fun trying to figure out how to do various tasks and how to solve issues that kept cropping up.

You don't realize how complicated Hangman is until you try to make a computer do all the fun stuff for you...

Anyways, we enjoyed it so much that we're on the path to making a game ourselves. Even if we're sitting with our pants down at the beginning of the path, staring blankly into the sun clueless as to where we are even going and begging for change.

This blog is mostly for our own documentation of what we have done so far, what we'd like to do, what we are currently working on, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment